Drop-in & Evening Care (Students)
The Drop-In and Evening Care Program is sponsored through the U.S. Department of Education. The goal of the program is to assist parents with a low cost or free child care service. This program is available to UNM students with the greatest need of child care services as a means to support their staying in school and completing their desired degree program.
The CCAMPIS Program, like the UNM Children's Campus full day and half day program is accredited by the National Association of the Education for Young Children and The Children, Youth and Families Department’s Aim High Program. We are also a licensed child care facility with the State of New Mexico. We are pleased to be able to serve you and your children.
Who May Apply?
- All applicants must be enrolled at UNM or be enrolled in classes completing prerequisites for entrance into a degree program at UNM. Bachelor and Graduate students are eligible.
- Applicants are required to fill out a FAFSA and must be Pell eligible. This is verified through notification letters from Financial Aid and a copy of your most recent Income Tax Return. Students who are not income eligible will be considered on an individual basis and based on availability.
- All applicants must be UNM students and the parent(s)/legal guardian of the child(ren) enrolled.
How Do I Apply?
- Submit a copy of your current school year Financial Assistance Notification Letter.
- Submit a copy of your most recent Income Tax Return.
- Submit a copy of your UNM class schedule for the current semester.
- Submit a copy of your most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Bring in your child’s original birth certificate and current immunization record.
- Submit a completed CCAMPIS Admissions Agreement and Registration Packet (located below).
$10 Registration Fee* per child, per semester. Nonrefundable.
Sliding-Scale Payment* for semester hours or drop-In hours must be paid prior to receiving child care.
Late Pick-up Fee: $10/child for every five (5) minutes or portion thereof, starting one (1) minute after your scheduled pick-up time (i.e. if your scheduled pick-up time is 12:30pm, late fees accrue beginning at 12:31pm and every five (5) minutes thereafter)
*Payments accepted with LOBO CASH only.
Registration packets can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (505) 277-3182, or submitted to our offices located at 1210 University Blvd NE.